What a fantastic weekend!! I won’t bore you with all the details, but here are a couple highlights, things that I am grateful for on this beautiful Sunday:
1. I FINALLY dived into the black abyss that is my daughter’s closet. (Jaxen’s will have to wait. I can only tackle a room at a time.) The result: five huge bags of clothes that went to the thrift store. Now granted, the rest of her room is still needing to be scaled down as well…but really… I’ve got to do this simplify things in small steps. I’m hoping to share pictures of the results soon, but unfortunately, I forgot to take a pic of her “before” closet. I think it’s probably safe to say though that you can all easily envision the mess that is a child’s closet.
2. I hit up the bookstore and purchased House of Leaves, which is not only one of my RIP Challenge choices, but also a book that I’ve been wanting to read for a long, long time. I’m so so excited to get started!
3. My sister-in-law and I met at a local park today (one of the most beautiful spots in OKC, in my opinion) and she took a ton of great photos of all five cousins together. She is such a great photographer, and kindly agreed to take photos of my kids for me. Here are some examples of her handiwork:
Isn’t she fabulous!???
4. The weather here has been insanely beautiful, especially today. I’m not sure we passed 80 degrees. A slight breeze in the air, the sun was shining, and this morning– I even felt one of the first crisp chills of autumn. Now I’m REALLY in the mood for the RIP Challenge. (Speaking of, I’ve already met some great people thru this challenge! I highly recommend that you come jump on board (Simply click here).)
5. Lastly, I’m fixing to go enjoy a delicious meal of spaghetti with meat sauce. I’m including it in my weekend highlights, because I’m sure it will be one:)
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well–here’s to a great week ahead!