Now that I’m firmly planted in my new bloggy home, I’m excited to jump back on the random train!! Here we go…
- I think it’s time for hubby to go back to work. Today, he watched a Grey’s Anatomy marathon. ‘Nuff said.
- A very sweet co-worker of mine called me a few days ago and said, ” Hey, I bought some jeans that are too short for me, and I thought, ‘Who in the world is shorter than me that could possibly wear these?’, and I thought of you.” Yes, that’s exactly what she said. My husband got such a laugh out of it. I must say though, I was 1) so pleased that her brand new pair of dark Levis fit me like a glove, and 2) so grateful that she would just give me a brand new pair of jeans, but also, 3) so depressed because apparently, sizes in Levis are FRACKIN’ NUTS! They are seriously three sizes bigger than I wear in any other brand of pants. *sigh* Makes me wanna go eat an entire pizza.
- My little sister’s beautiful daughter is turning three this upcoming weekend. How can that be?? It seems like she was just born a few weeks ago. *sigh* Now I’m feeling all nostalgic…which REALLY makes me want to eat an entire pizza. My sis still lives in my hometown, which granted is only two hours away, but feels like a thousand miles sometimes. I wish all my family lived closer to each other so that we could spend more time together.
- I learned this morning that the difference between getting the kids to school on time versus them being tardy rests solely in the amount of time it takes to put on mascara. I decided to try to actually look awake and professional this morning and apply make-up, thus the kids were late for school. I didn’t realize it would make such a difference in time….Lord knows I won’t get all crazy and do THAT again! 🙂 (I doubt anyone even noticed anyway.)
- When is TV Guide Channel going to stop talking about Michael Jackson??? Omg. I am tired of it. I was listening today to the new Whitney Houston album, and I realized that I would be devastated if she suddenly died. (Knock on wood.) And that THAT is how many, many people felt about MJ. Then I felt bad for cussing at TV Guide. Does that make any sense?
- I was absolutely thrilled today to get an email in my inbox that was an actual email, not just a notification!! It was from Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings, announcing that today was the official beginning to the RIP challenge. I felt like a kid the day before Halloween!! I’m eagerly reading my first title, but my list keeps growing! I really must stop reading lists & reviews and get to reading!
Jess. Out. (And yes, I’m eagerly awaiting the return of American Idol so that I’ll have something to talk about on Random Tuesdays!!)