Life has been quite crazy lately. So crazy in fact, that I’m severely behind on my reading and commenting of blogs. I just hate that! I can let my email inbox pile up, my facebook friends to fend for themselves, and dishes in the sink…but once my blogroll gets out of hand, Jessica gets cranky! I have tons of posts that I could write about various things that have been going on, but for the sake of time (which I seem to have so little of these days), I thought I’d just do a general overview of what’s been going down at the Hall House.
* Last weekend, two of my best peeps and I went and saw U2. Abso-freakin-lutely amazing! I have no words for how spectacular this show was, except to say that if you get the chance to see them live– DO IT!! Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Go.To.The.Show.
* I’ve been busy at work before. In fact, working in a fast-paced legal environment, I’m usually busy. But the past few weeks (and apparently the upcoming months will be so as well), I’ve been absolutely balls-to-the-wall just as soon as I hit the door. I was two hours late on Monday (see first entry about U2 show, LOL. I woke up, and it was sunny out– never a good sign. Guess it wasn’t a smart idea to change the alarm tone on my phone). Anyways, I was super late, and even with missing those hours on Monday, I already have five hours of accumulated. Today, I didn’t even have time to eat lunch. Thankfully I had the foresight to pack a bag of pretzels this morning, and I nibbled on them throughout the day to keep my energy up, but I never did get to consume a meal of any kind. My ass is hungry!! (Well, technically, my stomach, I suppose.) I won’t bore you with all the details, but suffice to say that I’m almost to the point where I’m going to have to ask for help. Truly, there is only so much that one person can do! But enough whining about that….
* It’s getting to be sweatshirt weather!! Have I mentioned how much I adore sweatshirts? They have to fit just right, but they are definitely my clothing item of choice in the fall/winter. I told you I was a fashion icon! HA!
* Tomorrow night is the annual book sale at one of our local libraries. Although it’s not nearly as big as the OKC Metro Library sale that is held in February, it’s still pretty good sized, and I often find lots of great deals there. I didn’t get to attend last year, so it’s on like Donkey Kong tomorrow! After the week I’ve had, I’m super ready to slip into my role of bookwhore for an evening. It’s also a great place to pick up some early Christmas gifts, which I’ve been trying to do this year. I’m determined to not be so last minute this year, but then, I say that every year:)
* My parents traveled up to OKC to watch J-Bo play in his soccer game last week. And we won! Go Torandoes!! Jaxen even made two goals, so of course, I was just bursting with pride that my folks were there to see it. Another set of grandparents are coming to the game this upcoming Saturday, but I’m not saying a word to the kiddos- just going to let them be surprised. They’ll love it!
* My hubby is back to work!! He went for a twelve week follow up visit last Wednesday, and the dr. told him that he wouldn’t be released for another three weeks. But this Monday, he got a call to come in on Wednesday, that they had a job he could do that didn’t require lots of physical movement. So he’s bored to tears, lol, doing a tedious, repetitive job all day…but HE’S BACK! Woot woot!! Let me tell ya what will test your marriage—when one of you has to get up early and one doesn’t. I’m not ashamed to admit that I can be a Bitter Betty– and I was. I’m a huge advocate of routine, and I’m so thankful that our life is returning to some form of normalcy.
* Jalyn’s class is singing tomorrow morning at a school assembly, and thankfully, I have gotten permission to arrive late at work so that I can go watch. Her first performance– and one of many to come, if she follows in her mommy’s footsteps:)
It always astounds me when I feel so completely overwhelmed and busy with life, and then I try to lay out exactly what I’ve been doing — and it never looks like much. Funny how life can take up so much time:) I hope things are going well for you too!!