Wow! It’s been MONTHS since I participated in RTT. What have I been doing? Where have I been?? No really…I’m asking, and not rhetorically, cause I sure don’t know. But I guess it doesn’t really matter, cause Jess is baaackkkk! (I love referring to myself in the third person.)
- It’s finally feeling like the holidays here. The temperature has dropped and tomorrow, we’re even expected to get a few snow flurries. Although we don’t often get enough snow to create that “winter wonderland” effect, I do love me some snow. I love how it makes an ordinary day extraordinary. Time seems to slow down, and life gets a little sweeter when white stuff hits the ground. People seem to slow down, and have a smile on their face, simply because it provides something different to the day. But that’s just my opinion….
- I’m hoping to get our tree and lights up this weekend. It’s all kind of contigent upon whether or not my husband goes hunting though. Cause Lord knows I can’t lift a live tree, tie it to the top of the vehicle and then carry it in to the house. I’m a wuss like that. Funny side note: When I was in college, I was too poor to afford a tree for my apartment. Being an education major though, I had tons of posterboard, markers and crayons lying around, so I simply drew a tree. That paper tree followed me from apartment to apartment for many years. It was a major achievement when I was finally able to afford a real tree and decorations:)
- The new John Mayer album is making my life complete. No really…it is! I’m not sure I’ve mentioned it before (*snort*), but I love me some Johnny. He’s coming to OKC in March, and I snagged my tickets the first morning they went on sale. Merry Christmas to me (and my husband who is accompanying me to the show, unbeknownst to him!). And just in case you aren’t already a Mayer fan, check THIS out. Scroll ahead to the 7:30 mark, and you’ll see John use a fan’s camera to play his guitar. Amazeballs, I tell ya.
- My sister-in-law, Kristy, is turning thirty on the 13th!! I’m so excited for her–I’ve loved my 30’s so far (much more than those angst ridden 20s), and I hope she does as well. I’m a 13 baby, and ironically, many of my friends and family members were also born on the 13th of their respective months. I like to think we all found each other in this big old world because of our fascination and belief in the greatness of the big 13. In case I haven’t mentioned on here before, my SIL has a blog which you find HERE. Be sure to go check out the cuteness that is her family!
- Tonight’s cool weather was a perfect excuse to indulge in my mother’s famed Red Noodle Soup again. (But really…is any excuse necessary??). Many have inquired as to what exactly RNS is, so here it is: Simply take a large pot, fill halfway with water, dump in two (or three–depending on your tastes) cans of tomato sauce, two packets of Lipton Dry Chicken Noodle Soup mix. Bring to a boil, then dump in about half a bag of wide egg noodles (more or less–depending on if you want it to be more of a pasta dish, or more soupy). Salt and pepper to taste, and serve with cornbread, grilled cheese, or whatever else your heart desires. Simple goodness that hits the spot every single time.
- In closing to my randomness, I hope everyone is taking the time to revel in the upcoming holiday season. Sing some carols. Drive and view some lights. Add some extra marshmallows to your cocoa. You deserve it:)