I’ve chosen to not really dwell upon it via my blog, but I’ve been really struggling lately. In my role as a wife. My role as a mother. As a friend. As a woman. My husband lost his job almost three months ago, and that one event has triggered an avalanche of emotions in me, rendering me speechless and unable to deal with things that need to be dealt with. (If you ignore it, if will go away right?? ). It’s not even just the financial difficulties that a single working parent situation has brought to our home. It feels as though the balance has shifted on its axis – and not in a way that works for us – or for me, at least. I can only hope, wish, pray and pray some more than things will right themselves soon.
But in the meantime, in an effort to get myself out of my self-imposed funk, I’ve decided to start a Sunday feature titled “My Happy List” where I share the things that have made me smile over the last week. Feel free to join the bandwagon if you’d like to share as well. Here’s my list for this week.
1. Natalie Grant/ Jordin Sparks duet Human from the 2010 Dove Awards. This song moves me so deeply.
2. The kids got new haircuts this weekend. Jaxen is back to his mohawk style for the remainder of the summer, and Sister Bear decided it was time to chop hers back off. Woot woot! She has such fine hair that it gets stringy the longer it gets, and I adore her with a shorter style. Sassilicious!
3. I just started this book, and am only a couple chapters in, but so far, it’s been a very enjoyable, light-hearted read. Perfect for rainy evenings on the porch!
4. This photo of Jalyn makes me happy. It was taken a few weeks ago in a big tree in my parent’s front yard. I’m hoping to get a post up with some more pics from our trip soon.
5. And this picture of Jaxen also makes my heart sing:) It was taken on the swingset in my parent’s backyard. *sigh* I’m already feeling homesick again and it’s only been a few weeks!